×

Improper storage of batteries leads to PO box fire


Associated Press
Monday, December 11, 2017

KEENE, N.H. — Firefighters say the improper storage of batteries led to a fire in a box at a New Hampshire post office. Firefighters were called to the Keene Post Office at about 11:30 a.m. Monday. They found a small fire in the box in an office that was in the front of the building. Postal workers already had extinguished most of the fire with a dry chemical fire extinguisher. The fire was brought under control a short time later. No injuries were reported.