Police Logs, Dec. 24, 2017 to Jan. 2, 2018

Wednesday, January 03, 2018
Greenfield, Dec. 24

1:04 a.m. — John D. Wait, 55, of Huckle Hill Road in Bernardston was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of liquor with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or greater, a second OUI-liquor offense, operating after his license or his right to operate was revoked and with a motor vehicle lights violation. Wait was stopped on Main Street.

4:52 a.m. — Bryan R. Lewandowski, 28, of Graves Road was issued a summons, following police responding to a car that went into a tree on the side of the road, by Lovers Lane.

Montague, Dec. 25

10:05 p.m. — A resident of High Street in Turners Falls reported her two vehicles were entered last night, Dec. 24. An older GPS was taken.

Greenfield, Dec. 26

2 a.m. — Nolan P. Cadigan, 33, of Linden Avenue was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of liquor with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or greater, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation. He was stopped by police on Barr Avenue. 

9:19 a.m. — Andy’s and The Oak Shoppe, on Deerfield Street, reported someone took money from both registers between 4 p.m. on Dec. 24 and this time. 

11:02 p.m. — A male checked into Baystate Franklin Medical Center with an apparent gunshot wound to his right ear, but did not want to report to police what had happened, saying, “I got nothing to say to you.” The male said it happened in another town, said someone shot his ear and pistol whipped him and said he knew who caused the injury. 

11:25 p.m. — A woman, who was “too drunk to walk home,” according to the police log, was brought to the hospital after complaining of leg pain, following attempting to leave Taylor’s Tavern on Main Street. 

Greenfield, Dec. 27

3:04 a.m. — A caller reported seeing suspicious activity on Country Club Road, after watching a vehicle with a Connecticut license plate stop by mailboxes. The person in the vehicle was delivering newspapers.

Greenfield, Dec. 29

12:51 p.m. — An accident without injuries occurred at the Speedway gas station on Federal Street between a blue 2012 Toyota Tundra and a brown 1998 Buick Century. The Buick struck the rear of the Toyota. Neither vehicle was towed.

1:44 p.m. — A Wisdom Way caller reported a woman was at her home stating her vehicle was stuck in the nearby cemetery. Officers helped to push the car, a gray 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier, out of the snow.

Greenfield, Dec. 30

1:39 a.m. — A 911 call came in from the elevator at Mill House Apartments on Wells Street. The individual stated his daughter was not opening her door and he needed assistance. Police reunited the two, with the daughter explaining her father has sleep apnea and may have been sleepwalking.

2:25 a.m. — A welfare check near Greenfield Savings Bank on Main Street resulted in a summons being issued to Patrick R. Woods, 24, of Greenfield, for driving a vehicle after his right was revoked due to an OUI. The caller had reported Woods appeared to be asleep inside a gray 2003 Chevrolet Malibu with his foot on the gas pedal, revving the engine.

2:25 p.m. — A hit-and-run accident involving a gray 2010 Hyundai Sonata was reported on Main Street near Adam & Eve. The car sustained minor damage.

Greenfield, Dec. 31

1:07 a.m. — Wilfredo Leyro, 35, of Greenfield, was issued a summons for a subsequent offense of driving a vehicle after his right was revoked. An officer had stopped Leyro in a blue 2000 Toyota Echo on Riverside Drive.

1:16 a.m. — Tia Marie Albert, 25, of Greenfield was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood-alcohol content of 0.08 percent or greater, and a lights violation following a traffic stop near the intersection of Davis and Pierce streets.

Greenfield, Jan. 1

6:45 p.m. —  Police were called to help restore the peace after a pushing match began between clients and staff at the Victory House on Conway Street .

Greenfield, Jan. 2

6:08 a.m. — Kennametal, on Sanderson Street, was evacuated following a fire alarm going off, the result of a small water leak in a sprinkler.