My response to Mr. Bos of Shelburne

Published: 2/8/2020 7:41:33 AM

Now we agree the climate changes, has changed and will always change.

We disagree on what makes the earth’s climate change.

Your last letter to the editor, regurgitating another cohort’s opinion from a book, did not help your cause, at least as far as I am concerned.

You want facts.

Fact: the United States has reduced CO2 emissions by 20% in the last twenty years, largely due to increased use of natural gas to generate electricity.

Fact: the United States is responsible for only 15% of global CO2 emissions. The other 85%; China, India, Russia for example, have no interest in reducing their countries CO2 emissions. Unless and until they do, nothing the United States does will matter.

None of these statistics matter to you. Nor have you ever bothered to mention them in past articles. You and others have a fixation, that through laws and coercion and fascists techniques, you can force the United States to zero CO2 emissions, a fallacy.

The world, our state, Franklin Country, us, would not be at the standard of living and luxury if not for fossil fuels.

Rational minded people agree, the future relies on humanity to develop a balanced plan of solar, wind, nuclear at 25 percent, fossil fuels at 75 percent of the worlds energy needs. Expecting this combination to be in reverse, you are deceiving yourself and all others.

Jim Bates

Gill




Greenfield Recorder

14 Hope Street
Greenfield, MA 01302-1367
Phone: (413) 772-0261
Fax: (413) 772-2906

 

Copyright © 2019 by Newspapers of Massachusetts, Inc.
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy