I'll bet they taught you in journalism school to not use emotion-laden words like "terrorists" unless you were writing for a cheap propaganda sheet. I will further wager that if I were to drive you out of your home and make you live in a tent in your own backyard for the next 67 years that you would think that I, not you, was the real terrorist. Living in a tent in your backyard with limited resources, you would not enjoy an overwhelming superiority in ability to get your message across. Perhaps for the first 40 years, no one would listen to you. But then, around 1996, along comes the internet and even the humble Palestinian can have access to readers worldwide. Now your repetitions of the Israeli litany are starting to look like prostrating yourself before a false god. ...(full comment)
For more information on exposure and the DVA read A Re-Analysis of Blue Water Navy Veterans and Agent Orange Exposure at www.bluewaternavy.org
Perhaps the plight of the Vietnam Blue Water Navy Veterans who have died because of a DVA ruling on herbicide exposure should be considered wrongful deaths and be brought up on civil charges!
Exposure to Agent Orange has been linked to numerous health problems, including non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, prostate cancer, Type II Diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and other issues. In 1991, legislation was enacted that empowered the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to declare certain illnesses "presumptive" to exposure to Agent Orange and enabled Vietnam veterans to receive disability compensation for these related conditions. However, in 2002, the VA limited the authority of the Act to only those veterans who could provide orders for "boots on the ground" in Vietnam. As a result, veterans who served in the waters off the coast of Vietnam were forced to file individual claims with the VA to restore their benefits, which are then decided on a case-by-case basis. After 40 years the evidence needed for these Veterans to obtain benefits no longer exists. Please help correct this inequity.
I urge you, the public, to communicate to Representative Jeff Miller R-FL, the Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs, that HR 543, The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2013, now has 238 cosponsors. Call Phone: (202) 225-4136.
This is enough for a discharge petition to force it to the House floor. This would be an embarrassing situation to this committee. After 14 years of being disenfranchised by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Blue Water Navy deserves its day on the House floor for a vote.
The estimate is that 30,000 Veterans of the Blue Water Navy are being denied health care today. With the fiasco facing this nation with the deaths of Veterans in care of the DVA, let’s not add to the count. Please ask Representative Miller to bring forth this bill for a full vote of the House. ...(full comment)
The title of this article is very misleading, because only 52% of climate scientists who responded to a survey by their association aqgreed that there is global warming that is caused by human activities. The other 48% disagreed with that opinion.
The article itself is very good, but it is hard to give all of the information in a brief article like this. The actual science shows that CO2 is a very weak greenhouse gas, and it appears that the increases in CO2 have followed warming, rather than caused it. The warming that went on from the mid 19th century until the late 1990's can be regarded as recovery from the Little Ice Age. The Earth still has not gotten back to the warmth of the Medieval Warm Period, so we are a long way from being in a dangerous position.
Nice article! About the cracks on "Sitting Rock," I think they are cooling fractures. If so, they formed the same way mudcracks form, as the basaltic lava cooled it contracted, forming shrinkage cracks. This process also creates the columnar jointing seen in the basalt all along the Mount Tom Range. ...(full comment)
Once again our idiots in Boston have shown their lack of concern for the people they are supposed to represent. I guess that the people of Massachusetts are getting just what they deserve for voting in a bunch of Obama think-a-likes. Of course boss Patrick will support this stupidity. I can only hope that the people of what used to be a great state eventually wake up. ...(full comment)