Hi 39° | Lo 19°

Some West County residents may be eligible for home rehabilitation money

Need money to bring your home up to code?

The Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority is writing a Community Development Block Grant on behalf of Charlemont, Heath, Hawley and Ashfield and is looking for residents who qualify for a no-interest home improvement loan.

A four-person household with an income of less than $64,400 could be eligible for a home-improvement loan of up to $30,000 for eligible repairs. Examples include roofs, heating systems, accessibility, windows, electrical improvements, plumbing and more.

Funding would come as deferred payment, and pay-back occurs when the house is sold or transferred.

Pre-application forms can help support the grant application, because it shows the community need for funding.

To receive a pre-application waiting list form, contact Lynn Cournoyer at: Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority, 42 Canal Road, Turners Falls, Mass. 01376. Or call her at: 413-863-9781, ext. 156.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.