Hi 44° | Lo 24°

Deerfield men arraigned after separate incidents at same bar

GREENFIELD — Two men were in court Monday following separate disturbance complaints in Deerfield Friday night into Saturday.

Deerfield police first arrested Tylor J. Sevene, 19, of 13 Elm St., Apt. 20, early Saturday morning while on their way to investigate a report of a noise disturbance at the After Works bar Friday at 11:58 p.m.

Sevene pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday in Greenfield District Court to charges of disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and threatening to commit murder.

According to the report filed by Kurt Gilmore of the Deerfield Police, Sevene was visibly drunk in an alley and refused to leave the area when ordered to do so while officers spoke to a visibly intoxicated woman. Gilmore handcuffed Sevene after he began kicking a door and allegedly threatened Gilmore. Sevene allegedly struck Gilmore in the chest with his elbow while being cuffed, and after his arrest repeatedly swore at and once threatened to kill him.

Judge Laurie MacLeod set Sevene’s bail at $250, which he made. Sevene is scheduled for a bail hearing Sept. 16 in a March drunken driving case in which he was released on personal recognizance on conditions including refraining from the use of alcohol.

While booking Sevene, police were called back to the area for a second reported disturbance at the bar at 12:53 a.m. Saturday and eventually arrested Richard C. Dunlevy, 45, of 163 West St. Apt. F, Hatfield. At his arraignment Monday in Greenfield District Court Dunlevy pleaded not guilty to charges of malicious destruction of property valued at more than $250, assault and battery and disorderly conduct.

According to the report filed by Garrett Dana of the Deerfield police, the bartender reported a man later identified by police as Dunlevy was harassing a female customer, then started a fight with a male customer and was kicked out of the bar, where a physical altercation ensued between the two. Dunlevy then returned to the bar where he started an argument with an ex-girlfriend and was ordered again to leave by the bartender.

Dunlevy allegedly said he was a member of the Hell’s Angels motorcycle club and threatened the bar and everyone in it before walking off in the direction of the Hotel Warren on Elm Street, a bar and lodging known locally as the Hot L. Parked in that area, police later found the ex-girlfriend’s car vandalized.

Dana reported the back window of the car was smashed and the windshield damaged, apparently with two beer cans whose brand and serial numbers matched a partial 12-pack allegedly in Dunlevy’s possession when state troopers, who also responded to the scene, found him walking in the area.

Police initially charged Dunlevy with domestic assault for putting his ex-girlfriend in fear for her life, a charge upgraded to assault and battery after the ex-girlfriend, who subsequently obtained an emergency restraining order, said he had several times touched her in the bar after she had told him not to. The two were apparently out together and had begun the evening at the Hotel Warren.

MacLeod ordered Dunlevy held at the jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $100,000 surety, citing the nature and circumstances of the alleged offenses, the potential penalty, the alleged involvement of abuse and Dunlevy’s bail status in an earlier case.

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.