Bulletin Board: Allis rules Ladies League golf action
Dale Allis shot a 45 to win low gross in the A Division during the Monday Night Ladies League at the Country Club of Greenfield.
Helen Bitzer and Tami Gaylor shot a 37 to tie for low net.
Jane Abbott won low gross in Division B with a 45, and Jean Laczynski took low net with a 31.
Kathy Dwyer captured low gross in Division C with a 53. Karen Kazenski won low net with a 31.
Mark K. Memorial
Jon Snow, Jayne Edwards, Kyle Matteson and Al Blanchard Jr. shot a 57 to capture low gross during the Mark K. Memorial Monday Night Mixed League at Oak Ridge Golf Course in Gill.
Bob Walker, Matt Llewelyn, Walt O’Neil and Mo Gamlin came in second with a 58.
Lloyd Grover and Bill Holbrook shot a 36 to take low gross during the Monday Night Skins League at the Northfield Golf Course.
Devin Lockley and Peter Jenkins won low net with a 32. Jenkins was closest to the pin on No. 6 at 6 feet, and John Adams was closest on No. 7 at 15 feet.
Eric Adams shot a low-gross 32 during the Monday Night Men’s League at Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club in Turners Falls.
Al Lively was closest to the pin on No. 7 at 6-3.
Garrett Cousineau leads the league with 150 points. Mike Hall sits in second with 136.
John Adams and Artie Burke shot a 68 to win the Northfield 2-Ball at Northfield Golf Course over the weekend.
Mike Zaborowski and Steve Ethier tied Bill Skiba and Frank Rice for second with a 69, and Ed Winseck and Don Mason took fourth with a 70.
John Hodgman and Rodney Ebbighausen won low net with a 59. Lloyd Grover and Denis Depault tied Peter Hayes and Ken Gunn for second with a 60, and Tom Strunjo and Gene Strunjo took fourth with a 61.
John Adams dominated the seventh hole on the course, finishing closest to the pin on No. 7 and No. 16 (which is No. 7 played again). Adams finished 10-2 on No. 7 and 5-8 on No. 16. Frank Rice was closest on No. 6 at 11-11, and Ed Winseck was closest on No. 15 at 2 feet. Chris Bourbeau won the long-drive competition on No. 9 at 262 yards. Garrett Cousineau was longest on No. 18 at 270.
Babe Ruth Fall Ball
The Franklin County Babe Ruth Baseball League will hold registrations for the Fall League at Abercrombie Field in Greenfield over two days this week.
Registrations will run from 6 to 7:30 Thursday night, and Saturday morning from 10 a.m. until noon.
The league is open to players ages 12 to 15 (as of April 30) and is an excellent opportunity for 12-year-olds to get experience on a 90-foot diamond. Fee is $60 and the league will begin on the first weekend in September.
For questions call Joe Mignault at 774-3876.
St. Stan’s wins Montague
St. Stanislaus Society went 3-0 to win the Montague Co-Rec Adult Softball League championship at Green River Field in Greenfield.
Stan’s opened the tournament with a 15-4 win over Zeke’s Grille, then defeated Kustom Auto Body, 19-8 to advance from the winner’s bracket. Stan’s then defeated Kustom Auto Body a second time, this time 16-3, to win the tournament.
Marshall Sisson led the team in hitting with an 11-for-14 effort at the plate. Janet Twyon and Don Mailloux each went 7-for-12, Kim Niedbala finished 6-for-13, and Emily Mailloux finished 5-for-11.
TF football dates
The Turners Falls High School football team will hold a short meeting for parents followed by the issuance of equipment on Sunday at 4:30.
The first conditioning practice of the season will take place on Monday at 4:30.
Greenfield High School announced dates and times for opening day practices for the fall sports’ season:
• Football — Aug. 18 to 22 at 9 a.m. at Vets Fieldhouse. Grades 8 through 12.
• Boys’ soccer —Aug. 21 at 4 behind high school. Grades 8 through 12.
• Girls’ soccer — Aug. 21 at 4 behind high school. Grades 8 through 12.
• Cross country — Aug. 21 at 3 behind high school. Boys and girls grades 7 through 12.
• Field hockey — Aug. 21 at 9 a.m. behind high school. Grades 7 through 12.
• Girls’ volleyball — Aug. 21 at 9 a.m. behind high school. Grades 8 through 12.
• Golf — Aug. 21 at 3 at the Country Club of Greenfield. Grades 8 through 12.
• Cheerleading — Aug. 21 at 10 a.m. behind high school. Grades 8 through 12.
All players should have the white forms and physical forms completed in order to start practice.
Frontier opening practices
Frontier Regional School announced dates and times for opening day practices of the fall sports’ season:
• Football — Varsity and junior varsity: Meeting/equipment handout on Aug. 17 at 5. First practice on Aug. 18 from 5 to 7.
• Middle School football — Sept. 2 after school.
• Cross country — Aug. 21 at 6 behind high school. Grades 7 through 12.
• Boys’ soccer — Varsity and JV tryouts (grades 7 through 12) on Aug. 21 from 10:30 a.m. until 1 and 4 to 6 at Herlihy Park.
• Girls’ soccer — Varsity and JV tryouts (grades 7-12) on Aug. 21 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. and 2 to 4 at Herlihy Park.
• Middle school soccer — Boys and girls on Sept. 2 after school.
• Field hockey — Varsity and JV on Aug. 21 from 9 a.m. until noon.
• Middle school field hockey — Sept. 2 after school.
• Girls’ volleyball — Tryouts on Aug. 21. Grades 10 through 12 from 1 to 4 p.m. and grades 7 to 9 from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Golf — Tryouts for grades 7 through 12 on Aug. 21 at 3 at Cherry Hill Golf Course in Amherst.
All players must have a medical exam within 13 months of the first practice date and on record at Frontier to be eligible to practice. Coaches will accept updated medical forms at practice sites. Players will become ineligible to participate on the exact day 13 months from their last physical.
Eat for the EDGE
The EDGE Basketball Club will hold a “Eat for the EDGE” fundraiser at Jake’s Tavern on Avenue A in Turners Falls Friday from 5 to 9.
Jake’s will donate 10 percent of every bill toward the basketball program. There will also be raffles and other activities taking place during the event.