Bulletin Board: Sisson, Twyon lead St. Stanislaus over BTU
Marshall Sisson went 3-for-4 on Thursday to lead St. Stanislaus Society to a 12-9 win over Between the Uprights in a Montague Co-Rec Adult Softball League game at Green River Park in Greenfield.
Winning pitcher Janet Twyon also went 2-for-3 in the win.
Jason Bohonwicz and Scott Curtis each finished 3-for-4 for BTU.
DRIVE Men’s results
Matt Gibson scored 25 points and Luke Paulson added 15 as Bruno Computer Solutions defeated Green Fields Market, 86-76, in a DRIVE Hoops Men’s League basketball game at Pioneer Valley Regional School in Northfield on Thursday.
Corey Maget led all scorers with 29 points in the loss, and Tyson Dowdy tossed in 18.
• In other action, Chris Brown’s 24 points helped VT Nameless to a 86-72 win over Berkshire Pizzeria.
Lauran Kelly led Berkshire Pizza with 18 points, and Justin Mills tossed in 16.
• Meanwhile, Angelo Thomas scored 37 points, and Ben Barshefsky added 20 as DRIVE Hoops dumped Booska’s Flooring, 82-68.
Justin McCloud scored 16 points in the losing effort.
• In action at Stoneleigh-Burnham School in Greenfield, Kyle Snow scored 21 points as Taylor’s Tavern/Snow & Sons Landscaping edged Keene, 75-71.
Taylor Smiley scored 22 points for Keene.
• Also Thursday, Kevin Gina’s 22 points pushed Hunter North Security to a 83-57 win over Bridgeside Grille.
Paul Decker tossed in 10 points in the loss.
• Finally, Jose Allen scored 25 points and Noho beat Dunkin Donuts, 95-78.
Ben Banash was running on Dunkin and scored 27 points.
DRIVE Girls’ Varsity
Ella Deane scored 7 points on Thursday to help Frontier edge the Panthers, 30-24, in a DRIVE Hoops Girls’ Varsity basketball game at Stoneleigh-Burnham School in Greenfield.
Alyssa Llewelyn finished with 14 points in the loss.
• In the other game, Sky Leclair netted 12 points as Hinsdale (N.H.) bested Turners Falls, 31-17.
Maddy Chymzinski paced all scorers with 15 points in the loss.
DRIVE summer programs
DRIVE Hoops will conduct a variety of programs during the summer, including:
• Leagues for men, boys and girls varsity, boys junior varsity, boys and girls middle school and boys and girls grades 5 and 6;
• 17th annual FCHC basketball clinic with John Hickey and Angelo Thomas, from July 21 to 25, at Greenfield Middle School;
• DRIVE Hoops Skills Clinic with Angelo Thomas, from July 28 to Aug. 1, at Hopkins Academy in Hadley.
For more information go to www.drivehoopsbasketball.com.
Senators Road Race
The eighth annual Senators Road Race will be held July 26 at Mahar Regional School in Orange.
Entry fee is $15 per person for the 5-kilometer race. Registration forms are available at Trail Head and the Athol YMCA.
For a race form or more information, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deerfield rec lessons
The Deerfield Recreation Department will sponsor introductory tennis lessons every Tuesday, starting next week and running through Aug. 12, at the Frontier Regional School tennis courts in South Deerfield.
The lessons will teach basic tennis skills to players in a group environment. Some advanced techniques will also be taught. Games are played later in the session to enforce the basic skills learned.
Ages 8 through 12 will meet from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., while ages 13 through adult meet from 6:30 to 7:30. A minimum of five and a maximum of 12 participants are required for each group.
Individuals must call or email to pre-register for the program. Cost is $35 for residents and $40 for non-residents. Registrations will be taken on a space-availability basis.
Call 665-1400 Ext. 107 or email to email@example.com for more information.
Greenfield Suburban signups
The Greenfield Youth Football League will hold signups for the upcoming season on July 12, 19 and 26 at the Montague Police Station from 10 a.m. until noon. Players can also sign up at Beacon Field in Greenfield every Wednesday evening from 5 to 7 p.m., weather permitting.
Players in grades 3 through 8 from all surrounding towns are eligible for the team and every player is guaranteed two quarters of playing time and all equipment is provided. Seventh- and eighth-graders have a half-price registration fee.
For any questions contact Debbie at 863-2565.