Bulletin Board: Vaultapalooza Saturday
Vaultapalooza will take place at Pioneer Valley Regional School in Northfield Saturday morning at 10 a.m.
The event features high school pole vaulters from around western Mass. and is free for anyone interested in checking out the event.
Sean Allen and Robbie Kenyon each pitched three strong innings to lead Northfield Blue to a 5-2 win over Bernardston in a Tri-County Cal Ripken League Minor Division baseball game Tuesday evening at Pratt Field in Bernardston.
Allen allowed two runs in three innings and struck out seven, while Kenyon pitched three scoreless innings and struck out eight. Ethan Hatch went 2-for-2 with three RBIs in the win, and Jason Quinn finished 2-for-3 with a pair of runs batted in.
Tanner Rowe struck out nine in five innings of work for Bernardston.
T.J. Thibeault struck out eight over three scoreless innings to lead Tognarelli Heating & Cooling to a 17-1 win over Freedom Credit Union in a Greenfield Minor League Triple A Division baseball game at Lunt Field in Greenfield.
Thibeault also went 2-for-3 and scored three runs. Twin brothers Derek and Daniel Lenois had a strong showing in the win, as Derek struck out five in two innings of relief and Daniel picked up two hits.
• In other action, Tyler Podolski struck out four and earned the win to lead Rotary to a 10-9 win over Aubuchon Hardware.
Joey White finished with two hits in the win, and Tristan Duyck played well defensively at catcher and threw out two would-be base stealers.
• Finally, Jake Croteau, Marcus Paulin Jr. and Dylan Mahar all finished with two hits as D&D Drywall bested Ninety-Nine Restaurant, 10-7.
Drew Conant pitched three scoreless innings to earn the win.
Jason Smith and Trevor Kuchieski had one hit apiece for Ninety-Nine.
Greenfield Girls’ League
Lexxie Rowell collected three hits and Olivia Whittier struck out 10 in the circle to lead Crocker Communications over Pipione’s Sport Shop, 10-2, in a Greenfield Girls’ Softball League Ponytail Division game Tuesday night at Murphy Park in Greenfield.
Jade Tyler added two hits and Olivia Doew scored twice for the winners.
Karlie Porter pitched well and Raquel Porvost and Kaitlin Lavoine both played well defensively for Pipione’s.
Hinsdale (N.H.) White defeated Vernon (Vt.), 7-4, in a Tri-County League youth softball game Tuesday evening.
Rohan Edwards and Jake Whitney each struck out four, and Brandon Royal struck out two as the trio combined on a shutout to lead the Deerfield Royals to a 7-0 victory over BGH Dental in a Frontier Cal Ripken Minor Division baseball game Tuesday at Memorial Field in Deerfield.
Royal also finished with two hits and three RBIs in the win, while Whitney smacked two singles and one double, and drove in a run. Quinn Woods added an RBI, and Brady Finch singled.
Jakob Safford struck out four in the loss, and Jackson Harper struck out five. Sam Knight added one hit.
DRIVE AAU results
The DRIVE AAU boys’ basketball program sent seven teams to a tournament in Hartford, Conn., over the weekend.
• The eighth-grade team went 2-1 and lost in the championship game, 53-49, to CT Express. The team earned a 51-41 win over New Hartford D-Struction, and a 69-64 win over Mass Fusion. Jon Earle finished with 18 points per game for the DRIVE, John Morrison averaged 16, and Andy Grygorcewicz averaged 13.
• The sixth/seventh grade team went 2-2 with wins over Newington (37-21) and Windsor Locks All-Stars (42-32). Gabe Thomson-Jones averaged 12 points per game, while Anthony Peterson added 9 points per game.
• The 11th- and 12th-grade team also went 2-2 with wins over Raiderz, N.Y. (57-50) and Spirit Lake, Conn., (64-53). Brendin Woodard scored 13 points per game, and Zach Kelley averaged 12.
• The other four teams each went 1-2 overall. The fourth- and fifth-grade team defeated CT Defenders (36-30) and was led by Colin Earle’s 11 points per game, and Will Robbins’ 8. The seventh- and eighth-grade team beat CT Chill (36-30) and saw Mac Almeida scored 8 points per game and Brandyn Robinson add 7. The ninth grade defeated CT Bulldogs (55-47) and was led by Kevin Mendez and Myles Freeman with 12 points per game apiece. The 10th-grade team defeated Spirit Lake CT (65-55) and was paced by Greg Pipczynski’s 11 points per game and Justin Farrick’s 10.
Courtney Moriarty went 5-for-6 with two RBIs to lead Northfield Mount Hermon School to a 24-10 prep softball victory over Deerfield Academy Monday at Crossley Field in Gill.
Maddie Spencer-Orrell and Maura Joyce both had three hits and four RBIs, Yona Kimball-Smith added three hits and three RBIs, Julia McClellan collected three hits and two RBIs, and Paige Michel chipped in two hits and two RBIs for the Hoggers (5-4, 4-3 league), who scored 12 times in the fourth to erase a 7-3 deficit.
Spencer-Orrell fanned eight and allowed four walks and seven hits in the complete-game win.
Luke Leyden scored three goals for NMH in a 16-8 loss to Deerfield Academy in prep boys’ lacrosse action Monday in Gill.
Briton Barge collected two goals and two assists, Paul Butler, Isaac Lipton and Kevin Gross all added a goal for the Hoggers.
Old Home Days 5K
The Deerfield Old Home Days 5K Run/Walk Road Race will be held May 17 at 9 a.m.
Pre-registration begins at 8 a.m. in the Frontier Regional School cafeteria, with the race to follow at 9 a.m.
Registration fees are $12 by May 8 and $15 after that date. Registration forms are available online at www.deerfieldma.us.
Prizes will be awarded to the male and female winners in the following categories: Youth (13-18), Open (19-39), Master (40-49), Senior (50-59) and Senior Plus (60+). Refreshments will be served.
Race proceeds benefit the Deerfield Recreation Department.
For more information, call Sue Antonellis at 665-1400 Ext. 107 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.