Day One: What can we do?
Day Three: Families cope
- Recovery is what she does: Mom takes on 12 steps to keep her family
- A cautionary tale: Addiction devastates families when children succomb
- Advice for parents from a pro
- State program to help keep families together despite addiction
- What are some of the signs of addiction?
- Need help? Here's a place to start
- Addiction can be wedge, stake in heart of a family
Day Four: Reclaiming lives
- Slave to drugs for a decade: Turners man says he needed jail to get cleaned up
- Pushing recovery — help if you want it or not, from jail, courts
- Finding detox and rehab — too little, too far
- Rehab, recovery programs absent or overwhelmed
- Recovery: Outpatient help for intertwined addiction, mental health problems
- Insured often wrestle with insurers to get longer rehab care
- Can hospital adjust to provide detox-like care?
Day Five: Help once hooked
Day Six: What now?
Accessing this series
Do I already need to be a print subscriber to access these stories?
No. We offer several subscription options, including a day pass for $1 and a 4-week digital subscription for $8. To access these go to: www.recorder.com/subscribe.